Complimentary consultations with our Treatment Co-ordinator - Learn more
Orthodontics is a specialist branch of dentistry concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of irregular teeth and jaws in both children and adults.
The aim of orthodontic treatment is to produce a healthy, functional bite, creating greater resistance to oral disease and greatly improving personal confidence.
Orthodontic appliances apply gentle forces to the teeth gradually moving them into the correct position.
Although some types of treatment work best during the childhood and the teenage years, it is never too late to benefit from orthodontic treatment. Today’s techniques and materials mean we can alleviate orthodontic problems at any age.
Certain types of orthodontic problems can be improved before all the permanent teeth have come through. Learn more about early treatment.
Functional braces are used to help improve both the bite and contribute to a harmonious facial profile effective during the early teenage years. Learn about growth modification.
Can orthodontics help you?
If you have any of the following problems you could be a perfect patient for orthodontic treatment:
- Crowded, crooked or displaced teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Excessive forward positioning of the front teeth
- Space between your upper and lower teeth when you bite together (open bite)
- Deep bites, where your upper teeth excessively overlap your lower teeth when you bite together
- Cross bites, where your upper teeth are locked behind the lower teeth when you bite together
- Difficulty chewing easily
For more information please make an enquiry or call us on 0208 449 3022.
This page was last updated on the 31st of March 2017